Sunday 15 July 2018

Should have gone to Specsavers

A young family recently bought a large piece of land on our road. They have intentions to build a home there, but in the meantime the fields are being used to raise beef. A few weeks after the calves appeared so did a solitary goat, who seemed happy to be the livestock guardian.

On Thursday, we were driving over the bridge close to their fields and I spotted the owners car (he comes to check on the stock and give them supplementary food). I commented to my husband how nice it was that he'd brought his son, who was sitting next to the goat having a big smooch and long conversation. It was only as we drew closer that I realised his young son had a beard and it was in fact the owner, lying next to the goat catching up on gossip. From a distance, it looked all the world like a toddler, because it was only his torso visible above the grass.

I think I may have to bring my optician's appointment forward......

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! I'm actually laughing out loud :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete