Tuesday 18 July 2017

Birthday cards

I have always loved receiving birthday cards. It was a chief pleasure as a child to have a birthday card sent to me in the post. So much so that I didn't throw many of them away.

On my recent trip to the UK I managed to photograph a lot I had stored in the garage. I was amazed the memories, even to the extreme of remembering where I was when I opened the card and how I kept it safely in a drawer in my small bedroom. The styles are reminiscent of the 1950s even though many of them were given to me in the 1960s and early 1970s. Here are a few of the favourites.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how very cool of you to have saved those! A lot of them are really beautiful... and yes, some brought me straight back to childhood in the early 70's :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete